How Do You Survive Doomsday?
Doomsday is not something you should laugh about as it can happen on your most unexpected day. This distressing event can attack in the form of nuclear fallout, bombing, war, or economic crisis, which is why most people are asking how they can survive such an event. But while people are encouraged to prepare for their possible occurrence, you should not be overwhelmed.
How do you survive doomsday? To survive doomsday, prepare for its occurrence, condition your physical and mental health, prepare a secure shelter, and establish a sustainable source for your survival.
Below are some of the tips that can help you to be ready and survive doomsday. Learn the things you need, the skills you should learn, the place where you should go when doomsday comes, and many more.
Prepare For Its Possible Occurrence
It is said that preparation is the key to defeat any unexpected situation. So, make sure to make necessary preparations that will allow you to survive when doomsday comes.
Take note of these things that can help you to become fully prepared when doomsday occurs:
1. Pack The Things You Need
In every emergency, the first thing that will come to mind is to pack all the things that can help you to survive. You will need a durable and space-saving bag to carry some of the life essentials such as the following:
- Set of clothes – Instead of packing bulky clothes such as parkas and sweaters, opt for light layers such as long-sleeve t-shirts, tank tops, and short sleeves. Besides, you wouldn’t want your emergency bag only to contain clothes, right?
- Water – Bring an adequate amount of water to keep you hydrated for at least three days. For this, you will need a water filter and a collapsible water canteen for efficient storage.
- Food and cooking tools – Another thing you should prepare is at least three days of ready-to-eat food packs. It may include non-perishable foods like peanut butter, protein bars, canned vegetables, and so much more. Aside from that, it is better if you have a collapsible pot and other food preparation gear.
- First aid kit – If you have a pre-existing medical condition, make sure to include your medications in your bug out bag. Aside from that, you should also include antiseptics, bandages, and gauze. You should also bring Iodine tablets to stop radiation absorption in the event of nuclear fallout, especially that no one knows what will happen during doomsday.
- Portable shelter – During emergencies, you may want to pack a tent, but it is too bulky. If you want to save space, a simple bedroll, sleeping bag, or blanket is fine.
When packing, prioritize your mobility. Choose a bag that you can carry for a long time of walking. You may be tempted to pack a lot of things that are unnecessary but be reminded that being able to carry the bag is the most important.
2. Research About The Event
Doomsday pertains to an event or time of crisis or great danger. Since it doesn’t imply a particular event or crisis, you have to research what event is most likely to happen than others. Compare events such as flood, fire, government overthrow, or nuclear fallout. These are all considered as doomsday events that may disrupt your life and your livelihood.
Here are some of the ways on how to research about doomsday’s possible occurrence:
- Utilize a police scanner to be updated on your neighborhood’s situation. With this tool, you can hear possible treats as well as how the police respond to such an event.
- Watch out for the latest weather forecast. You should also observe current events.
- Utilize a weather radio that is powered by a battery. It will keep you updated on weather forecasts and give you access to spare batteries in case of a power outage.
3. Plan For Possible Escape Routes
For multiple situations, you should prepare different escape routes too. These routes should be well-thought since they are crucial for your survival. Having numerous options is better than in the case of the inaccessibility of the others. To help you plan your escape routes for doomsday, here are some of the questions you should answer:
- How will I escape my living quarters or room in case of fire?
- How will I escape the area if I can’t travel by car?
- How will I escape my town in emergencies?
Mental Preparation For Doomsday
To survive a critical situation, you also need to be mentally prepared. A mentally weak person is less likely to make the right decisions in a very stressful situation as well as quickly respond during critical situations. If you want to survive doomsday, make sure to prepare your mind for the pressure, panic, and stress that you may encounter in such a situation.
Here are some of the ways that can help you to be mentally prepared before doomsday:
Stop Panic Attacks During Stressful Events
- Avoid smoking and drinking beverages with caffeine.
- Try to regulate your breathing and try to take control of your body. First, practice deep breathing by inhaling through your nose and out to your mouth. While doing so, make sure to relax with each breath and be consistent. The second method that can help you out is Yoga.
- Determine the reason for your panic attacks and try to be familiar with the stress. If you know the reason behind your panic, you will be able to overcome or prevent what triggers it gradually.
Redirect Your Emotions
Another way on how to prepare your mind for doomsday’s occurrence is to practice redirecting your emotions. This technique might take time to master, but it is an essential skill to have.
Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Recognize your emotions – Doing this might not be easy, but it is possible. First, write the strong emotions you feel in a piece of paper, as well as everything that is happening around you. In this step, you should always bring with you your journal and pen so you can write your emotions right after feeling them.
- Mentally stimulate another emotion – As mentioned earlier, knowing what triggers your panic will allow you to overcome it. In this step, determine what triggers your panic and then try to be calm. Developing it as a habit will enable you to be calm during stressful events like doomsday.
It is essential to stay focused and calm during life and death situations like doomsday. For this reason, prepare your mind to handle strong emotions to speed up your response time.
Find A Shelter
In the occurrence of doomsday, grab your emergency bag and find a secure shelter. Underground shelter, bunker, or bob shelter are more applicable for events like bombing or fall of civilization. If you want to have your underground shelter, you can contact companies that specialize in designing and building these shelter types.
Aside from that, living off the grid is also effective during terrorist attacks and other doomsday-like events. This term means to isolate yourself from society, keeping you and your family hidden from the sight of other people.
Also, make sure to prepare on how to protect yourself from elements that can harm you. For example, know where you are in a case that you need to camp out. It will allow you to avoid dangerous wild animals and become aware of land formations that may become dangerous when ignored. Knowing how to make a shelter can also help you to survive the situation.
Condition Your Body
In any situation, your body is your most important survival tool. So before doomsday comes, eat right, workout, and become a physically prepared person for doomsday. Consume more fruits, vegetables, and protein-rich foods to keep your body healthy and strong.
Exercise can also strengthen your muscles, especially when you do running and long walks. Most physicians recommend these cardio exercises due to their wide-ranging health benefits, such as improving the blood flow. During doomsday, you may need to take long-distance walking or quickly flee from the area where you are. To prepare your body, condition your cardio in the means of running, jogging, walking, and many more.
Be Updated With Your Health
To survive doomsday, you should also stay current with your health. Among the things that you need to do is to take your medicine consistently if you are suffering from a health condition. It may also include regular doctor visits such as optometrists, dentists, and general health.
Learn Self Defense
No one knows what will happen during doomsday. For this reason, you have to prepare for defending yourself from any possible physical threats.
Before the occurrence of doomsday, learn self-defense from certified professionals. Some local police departments may also offer courses that will allow you to learn basic self-defense or learn from online courses.
But in case of emergency, you should also have this tactical self-defense tool with you. It is a military tactical pen that works as an emergency glass breaker in case the situation needs it.
Prepare Sustainable Source For Survival
Homesteading can help you to become self-sufficient. This term means that you are raising your food sources such as animals, vegetables, and fruits. It may also include learning to use solar, geothermal, water, and wind energy sources that are all renewable. If you can practice homesteading, you don’t have to worry when all markets close during doomsday-like events.
The first thing that you need to learn when homesteading is growing your food. If you can grow vegetables and fruit plants, you will be able to sustain your long-term needs. Keep heirloom seeds that you can grow even without genetic modification. These are non-genetically modified seeds that are easy to grow.
Best Heirloom Seeds For Sustainable Food Source
Check out the following heirloom seeds that are easy fast and easy to grow:
Narcissus Organic Tomato Seeds
If you love tomatoes, this organic tomato seeds from Narcissus is your definite must-have item. Generally, tomatoes are among the fastest plans to grow when compared to other plants. This heirloom tomato can produce great yields with huge and meaty fruits. When it grows and finally produces red, ripe fruits, you can use it for salads, canning, tomato juice, and more.
Narcissus Organic Spinach Seeds From New Zealand
Spinach provides a wide range of benefits for the body. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, A, K, B2, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, and many more. But aside from these advantages, you may also eat spinach as raw, just like tomatoes. Vegetables that do not require cooking are among the most convenient food source during critical situations such as doomsday.
You can grow these New Zealand organic spinach seeds from Narcissus for about sixty days, and you are set to pick fresh spinach leaves. The best thing about this is that more fresh leaves will grow from the plant after you get your first harvest.
Civilys Purple Sweet Potato Seeds
If there is a food that can keep your stomach full in times of crisis, this should be sweet potatoes. Growing sweet potatoes is also easier, making it one of our recommended food sources to grow during your survival.
Civilys purple sweet potato seeds are among the most reliable heirloom seeds that you should cultivate. But most of all, it is sweet, delicious, and easy to prepare. Take note that this heirloom seed is best to germinate in temperature between fifteen and twenty-five Celsius.
One of the most popular dishes around the world is asparagus. Aside from its good taste, spinach is also rich in amino acids, vitamins, protein, and so much more. During your survival, you should also sustain your body’s needs to avoid nutrient deficiency. And asparagus is considered among the best vegetables that you can rely on.
LUYANhapy9 Asparagus Seeds is one pack of twenty pieces of asparagus seeds. It is easy to plan inside or outside your abode. For those people who are practicing homesteading, you don’t always have to plant outdoors. With this heirloom asparagus seeds, you can now plant a sustainable food source even inside your home.
Country Creek Acres Garlic Bulb
During doomsday, spices like garlic are also essential. Garlic is very easy to grow. You only need these garlic bulbs from Country Creek to have your garlic garden at home. After planting, wait for about ninety days to harvest your first yield. Aside from easy to grow, garlic also provides a wide array of health benefits that you can take advantage of during doomsday.
WOHOUS Cucumber Seeds
Another vegetable that you can eat raw is cucumber. You can add it with tomatoes and lettuce to make your organic salad during doomsday. Since it comes with a high level of antioxidants, you can use it to keep your body against toxins during your survival period. It is also a refreshing food to quench your thirst and heat during a hot day.
Also, growing a cucumber will only require fifty to seventy days. Depending on the seed quality, it can grow from three to twenty-four inches long.
Meanwhile, you can find sets of non-GMO heirloom vegetable seeds in one package, such as the Survival Garden 40 Variety Pack from Pure Pollination and SD Life Survival Non-GMO 39 Varieties Heirloom.
Establish Your Home For Off-The-Grid Living
Check these things that you should prepare to establish your home for doomsday’s off-the-grid living:
- Heat generation – You can generate heat using a wood-burning stove or through a passive solar gain.
- Power generation – During doomsday-like events such as bombing and nuclear fallout, expect to experience a power outage, which is why you should prepare solar panels for your shelter or other sustainable power sources such as geothermal, wind, and generators.
- Food generation – As mentioned earlier, growing your food source is the most effective way to sustain your needs during doomsday. So, make sure to keep heirloom seeds that are ready to plant when critical situations occur.
- Waste collection – You will also need a proper compost toilet or septic system for your temporary shelter. To keep your toilet experience manageable, make sure to have these compostable trash bags from UNNI with you.
- Water collection – Before settling in one place, make sure to check whether or not there is a sustainable water source near the area. Even if there is a water source in the place, you will still need to ensure that the water is safe for drinking. Include a reliable water filter in your must-have survival items such as LifeStraw Personal Water Filter and miniwell Gravity Water Purifier to access potable water anytime and anywhere.
Learn What Plants Are Edible
This skill is one of the essential things you need to learn for survival. To put it simply, mastering this knowledge can save you twice.
Learning to identify what plants are safe to eat will allow you to access food sources that are available in the environment, even without planting one. But most importantly, being aware of the poisonous plants can save you from possible harm.
To summarize, a fully prepared doomsday prepper must also know how to sew, cook, and apply a basic medical treatment. These skills are often overlooked, but these can make life during doomsday more bearable. Preparation is a powerful tool against critical situations, so make sure to put your mind into arranging all the essential things you need for survival. Doomsday is just at bay, waiting for its time to surprise those who are not prepared.
Survival kits play a vital role in ensuring our safety and well-being during emergencies. However, it's essential to understand that emergency supplies, like any other products, have a limited shelf...
Building a stay-at-home survival kit is a crucial step in ensuring your safety and well-being during emergencies or unforeseen circumstances that may require you to stay indoors for an extended...